I am looking for a way to upload videos to Instagram from desktop. Do you know any web apps/ tools that can do that?
Since the release of Instagram V4.1, users finally get the ability to upload video to Instagram from iPhone that is recorded with the phone’s camera. But as a mobile-exclusive app, Instagram provides no option for Instagram video upload from computer/desktop. There are some their-party Instagram video uploaders and methods that help to post videos on Instagram via computer/laptop. Here we offer a detailed guide on how to upload to Instgram from PC/Mac, iPhone/Android in HD quality.
Part 1: How to Make Videos Perfect for Instagram Videos Upload
If you want to upload a video to Instagram from computer/phones without losing quality and aviod andy uploading being stuck or not working problem, you’d better choose the right settings for the videos that are to be uploaded to Instagram. Therefore, learn the Instagram limits on upload videos in file size, length, resolutions, codec and other settings, together with a Instagram video uploader to help you on how to make your videos qualified for Instagram upload.
A. Instagram video upload limits
Size: maximum width 1080 pixels (any height)
Frame Rate: 29.96 frames per second
Codec: H.264 codec / MP4
Bit rate: 3,500 kbps video bitrate
Audio: AAC audio codec at 44.1 kHz mono
Length: 60 seconds
B. How to make Instagram accepted videos/upload Instagram videos from YouTube/Websites
To upload video to Instagram from PC/Mac or iPhone/Android without losing quality, you are required to make sure that the output video files are in the limits above. However, some users are bothered by the large size of videos recorded with HD cameras or incompatible video formats. In those cases, you’re suggested to convert/compress the Instagram upload videos first. Here we use the Instagram video uploader MacX Video Converter Pro.
- Convert HD/SD videos in WMV, MOV, MKV, MTS etc to Instagram upload video limits MP4 with world’s fastest speed.
- Compress 4K/HD videos with large file size that are shot with hd cameras to smaller video size without losing quality for smooth uploading to Instagram.
- Download videos from 300+ sites like Facebook, YouTube etc for Instagram video upload from web links
- Advanced editing features like trimming, subtitle adding, effects adding, multiple parts merging into one clip etc
- Download Instagram video for offline playback on iPhone SE/6S, iPad Air 2, Samsung Galaxy S7 edge+ and more.
Part 2: How to Upload Video to Instagram from Computer (Windows /Mac)
To post videos on Instagram from computer/desktop, there are mainly two ways to go: share video on Instagram from computer directly with a third-party Instagram video uploader, or upload videos to Instagram from computer with the use of mobile phones. (For those who want to upload photos from Mac/PC to Instagram, there are also websites that may help like deskgram.com.)
A. Uploading video to Instagram from PC/Mac with desktop application
As the Instagram app is limited to mobiles only, here are many desktop applications that can fill this gap. Among those computer Instagram videos uploading tools, we recommend you Gramblr (or Bluestacks). This Instagram video uploading works seamlessly on Windows (10), Mac and Linux, allowing users to upload to Instagram from PC/Mac directly without the need of a smartphone! (Instagram doen’t allow third-party uploader, so use it on your own risks) The process to upload videos from computer to Instagram with it is quite simple:
1. Download Gramblr and run it. Sign in to Instagram.
2. Choose the video/photo you would like to upload to Instagram.
3. Gramblr will redirect you to “Caption.” Add a caption if you wish.
4. Click Upload.
Also see Instagram not uploading solved!
B. Ways to post videos on Instagram from computers
The methods below involve the use of a smartphone, namely, after you edit the video for upload with the Instagram video uploader mentioned in Section B, Part 1, you simply need to get the video from computer to smartphone and share video on Instagram from camera roll as usual. This is preferable for those who don’t want to install any program. Below are a few workarounds to do it:
1. Send the video to yourself by Email
This is the most common way to get computer videos for Instagram upload: email the video to your account, download the video from the email app on your iPhone/Android and then you can start to upload video to Instagram from the camera roll. The drawback lies in the file size that may be limited by the email.
2. Upload videos to Instagram from Dropbox or Google Drive
There are many similar service to send computer files to smartphones like AirDrop, but Google Drive and Dropbox are recommended as the best cloud ways to save the computer videos on smartphones. They are easy to use and will store photos, docs, files and videos. Note that with Google Drive, you can’t save the videos in camera roll. But you can easily post videos on Instagram with Dropbox from the camera roll.
Hot search: Upload HD videos to YouTube
3. Connect computer to smartphones for transfer
The last way is simple and everyone will know. Connect your Android/iOS devices to your computer using the USB cable. Transfer the video you’d want to upload to Instagram to the smartphones. Then share video on Instagram from camera roll in usual way.
Best Instagram Video Uploader from PC/Mac, YouTube/Web Links
MacX Video Converter Pro- All-in-one video uploader for Instagram will convert MKV, MOV, MTS, AVCHD videos in UHD/HD to Instagram upload video format, size, resolution etc without losing quality, and download 300+ online sites to upload video to Instagram from YouTube, websites, links.
Part 3: How to Upload Video to Instagram from iPhone/Android Camera Roll
After you make the computer videos ready for Instagram upload (including necessary video compression/editing like trimming, merging, efffect adding etc) with theInstagram video converter and make them available on smartphones’ gallery through the ways above, the next step is simply go to share video on Instagram from the camera roll of iPhone 6s/se/6/Android Samsung Galaxy S7/Note 5, other mobiles in the way you usually do. Also to help new comers, here we will walk you through how to upload a computer video to Instagram from phone’s gallery.
1. Open the Instagram app on the phone.
2. Tap “Camera” icon at the bottom of the app. (You can record a video with the Instagram right now, but here we are talking about uplod to Instagram from camera roll.)
3. Tap “Video” and then the box in the bottom-right corner to enter the video album.
4. Select the video you’d like to upload to Instagram. Make sure the video is in the Instagram video upload limits.
5. Tap Add (iPhone) or the ‘right arrow’ icon (Android) at the top.
6. Then the videos will be posted to Instagram. Note that Instagram has no bulk upload option so you can upload videos one by one only. But you can merge multiple parts into one video before the upload.
7. You can delete any uploaded Instagram videos from your account, and also free download videos from others’ pages with the Instagram videos uploader mentioned above.